Click the larger buildings in the diagram to view details. Smaller buildings without labels are staff housing.
Stanford Sierra Conference Center
is located on twenty acres of lakefront property on the south shore of beautiful Fallen Leaf Lake
. It was established in 1907 as a summer family camp by William Wrightman Price, a Stanford professor and nature enthusiast. The original cabins for the camp guests are now staff cabins.
The Old Lodge
, built in 1932, with hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling and stone fireplace is now a favorite spot for visiting groups to hold social hours. Construction of the main lodge
and guest cabins began in 1969. Since then, the buildings have been acclaimed by guests, alumni, governmental agencies and conservationists for their “naturalness” and complement to the surrounding natural setting
There are 64 separate lodging units, twelve single rooms in the main lodge and 52 cabins. The lodge rooms and cabins can accommodate 122 people with private bedrooms and shared bath and up to 180 with shared bedrooms and bathrooms. Linens and towels are provided along with soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Hair dryers are not stocked in each unit, but the office has a number of hair dryers which guests can use.
Two rooms in the main lodge are accessible with hand rails and roll-in showers. One cabin is accessible with a ramp, hand rails and a roll-in shower. The main lodge includes a lift to allow guests in wheelchairs access between the first and second floors.