Before your departure check the weather forecast to pack appropriately for the forecasted weather during your stay.
Casual Clothing for Meals and Gatherings
- The general atmosphere at Stanford Sierra is casual. Your meeting/ event host will determine dress for your specific event.
- Mornings and evenings in the mountains are cool with warmer daytime temperatures, so dressing in layers is best.
Clothing and Footwear for Hiking
- Excellent trails are just beyond Stanford Sierra, so plan to take advantage of the proximity to great hiking and beautiful scenery! The Lower Falls are just a 10-minute walk from the main lodge.
Clothing and Footwear for Boating
- Use of kayaks, stand up paddle boards, peddle boats and sailboats for water activities on Fallen Leaf Lake is part of our conference package. Depending on your skill level and conditions, you’re likely to get at least slightly wet on any of our watercraft.
Sunglasses, Sunscreen and a Hat for Outdoor Activities
- Remember at high altitude, the intensity of the sun is greater.
Backpack/ Fanny pack
- If you plan to hike for an hour or more, bring along water, snacks, sunscreen and an extra layer of clothing.
- We sell reusable and plastic water bottles in our store, the Fountain, but if you have a favorite, bring it along.
- We have low ground lights to keep our light pollution to a minimum (On a clear night the view of the stars is amazing!) You can borrow a flashlight from the office or bring your own.
- All cabins and lodge rooms are well heated, so thermals and flannels might not be necessary!
Toiletries and Prescription Medication
- We provide soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Be sure to pack enough of your personal items to last the duration of your stay. The Fountain does sell basic items including toothbrushes, toothpaste, aspirin and sunscreen.
- Cabins and lodge rooms don’t include hair dryers, but the office has a good supply to loan out if you need one.
Cell Phone, Tablet or Laptop to Access Free Wireless Internet
- Note: There is very minimal cell service at Fallen Leaf Lake.
- Or plan to disconnect for your time at Stanford Sierra! Take a break from the digital world and enjoy the natural serenity of Fallen Leaf Lake.
- Charger for Your Cell Phone, Tablet, etc €¦
- And of course don’t forget to pack your charger for your return trip home!
Phone Card or Cash to Purchase a Phone Card at the Office
- Yes, phone cards do still exist! There are no phones in cabins and lodge rooms and with the lack of cell service, there are a few phones in the main lodge for guest use. The office sells phone cards if you don’t have one of these relics of simpler times.
Cash or Credit Cards for Fountain Purchases or for Wine and Beer at Dinner
- The Fountain sells sundries, snacks, espresso, souvenirs, beer and wine. Depending on your event, wine and beer may be provided or available for purchase at dinners.
- There is no ATM onsite. The closest is 10 miles away in South Lake Tahoe.
If we didn’t address your particular packing question, give us a call at (530) 542-5600, and we would be happy to help you prepare for your trip to Stanford Sierra Conference Center.